HORNBY ISLAND JOB POSTINGS
FNDC and new Hornby Island Camp Coordinators Terry and Andrea Maloney would like to invite all qualified candidates to apply for working at Hornby Island Kids Camp this summer. If you have experience working with youth and enjoy the camping atmosphere.
Position: HORNBY ISLAND STAFF
DYT’s goal is to provide Deaf & Hard of Hearing mentors to Deaf children. Camp Leaders work under the direction of the Hornby Island Camp Coordinators and along with the Tribune Bay Education Center Staff. They are responsible to provide a safe and caring environment for the Campers and to create and facilitate relationships between campers in their cabin/group. They are responsible for making sure that the individual needs of the children are met on a daily basis. To provide support and encouragement for the children enrolled in camp.
June 28 to July 1, 2010 – Staff Training at Hornby
July 4 to July 8, 2010 – Hornby Island Kids Camp
• Fluency in American Sign Language (required).
• Background in Youth and Child Development a benefit
• Experience working in a camp setting is a bonus
• Experience working with Youth.
• Work as a team player
• Attend Hornby Island Youth Camp July 4th – 8th
• Care for and supervise Deaf Youth
• Involvement in leadership games and activities with Campers
• Be aware of Campers medical needs
• Supervise Campers
• Record Incidents and Medical situations
• Work together as a team with other Camp Staff and Tribune Bay Staff
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem solving/conflict resolution is a benefit
• Provide Support and encouragement to Campers
SALARY: $500 Contract fee for Hornby Island Youth Camp. $150 Contract fee for attending Training Dates on Hornby Island.
Deadline for application: All resumes must be received by May 15th. Interviews will be held between May 17th and May 31st. All
resumes we receive will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we have not received your
Not all applicants will be interviewed. Only applicants that will be considered for Hornby Island Kids Camp positions will be contacted
and informed of a time for a personal interview.
Please submit a current resume and reference list to: Hornby Island Staff Positions: email@example.com