Christmas Dinner Fundraiser, hosted by the Vancouver Catholic Deaf Association.
Where: St. Francis De Sales Parish, 6610 Balmoral st, Burnaby, BC
When: December 3rd, 2016
Time: Mass at 5 PM (will have ASL interpretation) Dinner at 6 PM
Cost: $30, includes full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, tea and coffee and dessert.
This fundraiser is to help the Vancouver Deaf Catholic Association attend the International Deaf Catholic Conference in Toronto, ON in 2020. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Tickets will be on sale throughout November. Please RSVP by November 27th to: Juliana Musso at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deaf/HOH, and hearing community is welcome!
Attendees are welcome to join us for Mass (ASL interpreted) OR you can come just for the Dinner after 🙂
WANTED: PEER SUPPORT WORKER
CLOSING: October 28, 2016
ONE Contract with Deaf Well Being Program #300 4211 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC
Contract Description: Under the supervision of the PSW Supervisor, you will work with adults with a mental illness with the objective of assisting them to achieve their stated goals. The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who exhibits initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills. Duties include 1:1 work assisting clients in achieving goal(s), acquiring new skills or linking with community resources; communicating all relevant information verbally and in writing to pertinent staff; and attending monthly meetings as required.
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
1. Have completed a Peer Support Training program and 30 hours of practicum.
2. Have personal experience receiving services within the mental health system (required)
3. Be able to be a role model to people recovering from a serious mental illness by sharing common life experiences and practical information
4. Have effective strategies for dealing with stress
5. Be able to work cooperatively with other mental health staff
6. Be able to work with a culturally diverse population
7. Be willing to respect other people’s right to decline assistance
8. Be able to adequately access public transportation,
9. Have knowledge of and/or willingness to learn about other community resources
10. Be able to present in a professional manner, and
11. Be empathetic, patient and supportive.
12. Be fluent in a variety of sign language levels including American Sign Language
Duration of this placement: 6 Months
Pay and Hours: $12.00 an hour, up to 20 hours or 16 hours maximum a month (including meetings).
Start Date: November 2016
Location for submission: Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Patti Dobie, #300-4211 Kingsway Burnaby, B.C. V5H 1Z6
DO NOT FAX APPLICATION