TheTyee.ca online news magazine, in partnership with PeerNetBC, is looking for seven (7) youth currently living in the Lower Mainland, to participate in an on the record conversation about what you think the future of Greater Vancouver will look like for your generation.
What challenges will you face? What hopes do you have for the region and your place in it? What problems will be solved? What issues will get worse? The conversation will be recorded, and a condensed transcript will be published on TheTyee.ca as part of our ongoing series Voices From The Future, focusing on the voices of young people growing up in British Columbia today.
$50 honorarium; bus tickets and light snacks will be available
ages 13 – 24 give or take a few years; diverse backgrounds; if under 18 must have media release form signed by parent/guardian; must be available for the full 2 hours
5:00pm – 7:00pm
Tuesday, November 1st, 2016
@ #503 – 470 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
deadline to apply: 10:00am; Wednesday, October 26th, 2016
for more information: contact vanessa by email at email@example.com or phone 604-733-6186
to apply: https://goo.gl/forms/
– ASL interpretation is currently being secured
– Building entrance and meeting space are wheelchair accessible; washrooms are shared by the whole floor, with the men’s and women’s washroom each having 1 stall that is wider but is without a handle/bar – we are currently looking into more accessible washrooms on other floors
– Washrooms are gendered – we are currently looking into possibility of making them temporarily all-genders
– Workers in the space do not wear perfumes and/or scents; please refrain from wearing scents and/or perfumes before and the day of the session to create a scent-free/scent-reduced environment; next-door to the Tyee office is a masseuse who burns incense which can be smelled in the hallway
– A dog hangs out at the Tyee office; if you are allergic and/or have a phobia of dogs please let us know and we can ensure your participation is not inhibited