The 2018 Vancouver International Film Festival is fast approaching!!
Each year we welcome some of the world’s finest films to one of the most beautiful cities on the planet. For 16 days, hundreds of films from around the world will play throughout the city, showcasing unique genres and content. Plus: dozens of directors, writers and actors will be on hand for insightful—and occasionally provocative—post-screening Q&A sessions.
Volunteers are an essential and valued part of the Vancouver International Film Festival. They help to create successful world class events year-after-year. Our team of over 1200 volunteers, in collaboration with staff, and directors create an internationally renowned and appreciative space for filmmakers and audience members to share their love of film and the film industry.
We are looking for Volunteers to help fill our diverse Teams and Lead volunteer positions this year. If you love movies, the arts and being a part of an amazing community— than we have a spot for you!!
Please visit our website https://www.viff.org/Online/volunteer to find out more!
Event: September 27 – October 12th
Positions available from mid-August through October 15th
Vancouver at various venues. Centralized at Vancity Theatre (1181 Seymour st)
Volunteer Department firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I Become a Volunteer?
You must be 16 years or older to apply to volunteer. Certain teams have higher age requirements. Before filling out your application, review VIFF 2018 Volunteer Teams. You may also be interested in the VIFF 2018 Volunteer Team lead positions. Read up on them here.
• All potential applicants must fill out a Volunteer Application form and go through a phone screening before they can be accepted as a VIFF volunteer.
• All information requested must be filled out fully and accurately to ensure proper placement.
• Team Lead applicants may also be asked to attend an in-person interview.
• Volunteer applications are reviewed in the order they are received. Our pre-screening calls will begin any time after August 3rd. Please be patient as we receive a high volume of applications.
• Volunteer positions are filled based on previous VIFF experience, interview and knowledge of VIFF culture, work and life related skills, and selected preferences. Please keep in mind that each team requires specific skills and qualifications as specified in the Team Descriptions.
Once accepted you will be assigned to a Festival Team. Specific information regarding your orientation and schedule will be provided to you by your Team Volunteer Coordinator. Again, please be patient – your Team Volunteer Coordinator will contact you when the info is available. You will also be emailed the Volunteer Handbook to review before your Orientation.
The majority of Teams require each volunteer to commit to a minimum of 4 shifts. The majority of shifts are between 3-5 hours. Volunteers interested in Team Lead positions are required to commit to 50 hours.
In addition to joining the amazing VIFF team, all volunteers who complete their 4 shift minimum can expect to receive:
• 1 Volunteer Ticket Voucher for every shift you volunteer. Vouchers can be used in advance for any available festival screening. Vouchers are transferrable – so bring a friend!
• A Volunteer Pass which can be used by you in the Volunteer Stand-by Line
• For volunteers who are 16 and 17, this pass allows you access to any classified films. Please note that under BC classification law, you must be 18 or older to view unclassified films.
• One invitation to the VIFF Volunteer Appreciation Events
• Special offers, screenings and promotions exclusive to volunteers.
• An exclusive Festival Volunteer T-shirt.