Are you looking for an exciting career in Social Services?
Our organization offers full benefits upon meeting eligibility requirements, great opportunities to grow within and a fun and positive environment for both staff and clients!
We are looking for:
- behaviour interventionists,
- mental health workers and
- community support workers
who have behavior management and/or speak ASL (American Sign Language) skills and able to handle challenging situations.
Exciting opportunities exist for the right individuals to join a progressive non-profit organization as a Community Support Worker in our Hybrid Supported Home Share Program/Supported Independent Living Program/Strive Center and Pinetree Center. The position entails working in a one to one setting with individuals with Developmental, Concurrent Disorders, Autism, ADHD, Mood Disorders and Mental Health, in the lower mainland. The successful candidate would spend most of their time assisting the clients in their home and community to work towards their goals, teaching life skills, community integration and social skills to assist with their daily living.
We are looking for casuals with many opportunities to grow within and post into part time/full time positions.
- Experience and understanding of Mental Health and Challenging Behaviours
- Fluent in American Sign Language an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work with adults with behavioural, social, emotional and mental health/psychiatric issues
- Ability to create a meaningful routine
- Crisis Management
- Knowledgeable of creating independence vs. creating dependence
- Following health care/behavioural plans
- Completing daily documentation on a Microsoft platform database on their own computer
- Implementing personal protocols, schedules, and activities
- Accompanying/transporting individuals to appointments and activities in the community
- Must have experience working with high anxiety
- Community Integration
- Able to set firm boundaries
- Ability to encourage, motivate and involve client in community activities.
- Access to computer and internet
- Proven ability to develop rapport with adults in a variety of contexts.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with educational personnel, social workers and resource workers, service providers and partners
- Able to self-start, make judgment calls, and create new models/programs as needed
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
Other Qualifications Include:
– University degree or college diploma in a social science program and/or subsequent experience
-Class 5 BC drivers’ license and reliable vehicle preferred
-Clean Driver’s Abstract
-Criminal record check clearance
-Negative TB test clearance
-First aid and CPR
*Other requirements which may be specific to the individual(s) served*
Compensation: $19.31 hourly, plus benefits upon meeting eligibility requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Strive Living Society is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate against age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
Work with us – https://careers-striveliving.icims.com
IMAGE of Job Posting Page 1 & 2