Open Gala Art Party! June 16 at 7 pm
Transfixed June 18 at 7 pm
Camera Obscura (hungry ghosts) June 20th at 7 pm & June 23rd at 2 pm
Closing Party at the Junction at 7 pm
For more information on the Opening Gala and celebration of 10 years of the Queer Arts Festival, check out the FB event page https://www.facebook.com/events/438850183238007/
Class of 2018!
Host by Hand Dancer Interpreter Service
When: June 16, 2018
Time: 5 pm to 8 pm
5320 Nielsen Ave
Ferndale, WA. 98248
Hand Dancer will provide BBQ.
NWWCD will provide cake
Community provide potluck.
Flyer created by NWWCD
Any questions, Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation party 2018 Doc word
Graduation Party 2018 PDF
Are you interested in learning more about Seeing Voices Montreal’s new initiative “Awakening Deaf Theatre in Canada Conference”? We are looking for prominent Deaf artists who are interested in being part of the experience. Please note that the registration fee is undetermined at this moment and we are finalizing some of the scheduling details. We strongly encourage you to consider subscribing for updates via emails on our website.
The Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) is looking for a qualified Education Assistant with
Deafblind Intervention Certification to work at Kanaka Creek Elementary school effective September
1, 2018. This position involves working with a student who has dual sensory loss (hearing and vision)
resulting in significant difficulties in orientation, mobility, and accessing environmental information.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 plus the Special Education Teaching Assistant program or equivalent plus successful experience working with individuals with special needs
- Successful completion of the Deafblind Intervenor Training Program through the Provincial Outreach Program for Students with Deafblindness
- Be adept at managing amplification equipment and have proficiency in ASL with the ability to adjust to the signing, educational and communication levels of the student
- Skills will be used regarding personal care and lifting
- Rate of pay: $27.97 per hour + 4% premium to the hourly wage
Please note that Kanaka Creek Elementary works on a Balanced Calendar
How to Apply:
In your application, please include your:
- Resume and Cover Letter (preferably in PDF format)
- All Supporting Documentation
For more information about our School District please visit:
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.
Connor Y.M. had worked in collaboration with Edmonton’s Citadel Theatre to create an ASL promotion for a very special opportunity for all Deaf, Deafened, and Hard of Hearing actors and theatre professionals. The below link leads to a single webpage that contains two videos – for Actors and Directors – and the full documents with audition information.