Title: Executive Director
Terms of Employment: Part time
Salary: To be negotiated
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Applications Deadline: June 3, 2010
Education: Bachelor in Business Administration, Humanities, Social Sciences or
related studies or equivalent work experience
Experience: Minimum 3 years
Languages: English, ASL
- Experience in fundraising, grant applications and public relations,
- Knowledge of non profit organizations,
- Team Player, Computer and networking skills,
- Access to computer and internet,
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines,
- Good interpersonal skills, Must be able to liaise with people across Canada (by phone,
email, fax, etc.),
- Able to develop a good relationship with board trustees,
- Have office space with telephone and fax, Valid driver’s licence and access to vehicle
- Criminal record check.
- Familiar with Jericho Hill Legacy Trust’s history,
- Understanding of or willingness to learn about Deaf culture and language,
- Knowledge of technical assistive devices for the Deaf and the Blind
- Understanding Deaf friendly written language.
- Working with a volunteer Board of Trustees,
- The ED will coordinate the day to day operations of the Trust,
- overseeing the running of the organization, from a home-based office.
- Will make travel and accommodation arrangements for trustee meetings.
- Must be reliable, creative, articulate, empathetic and have an understanding of Jericho Hill Legacy Trust’s history.
The ED will be the Trust’s front line contact, operating as the face of the Trust to applicants and partners and as the liaison between applicants and partners of the Trust. As such, the ED must have an above average knowledge of the services provided by WIDHH, IDHHC, PSDHH and the Well Being Program.
The ED will be responsible for coordinating fundraising for the Trust.
Weekly report to the JHLT chair and vice chair, as well as provide a full summary of weekly reports for the trustees at each meeting.
Will provide information to potential scholarship applicants and will assist in the application process. The ED will keep applicants apprised of their application status.
Employer: Jericho Hill Legacy Trust Website: www.jhlt.ca
How to apply:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: JHLT, #300 – 1627 Fort Street, Victoria, BC, V8R 1H8