INNOVATIVE NEW LEADER
The Canadian Hearing Society (CHS) is a not-for profit agency with approximately 450 employees who deliver 17 programs through 28 offices in Ontario. Founded in 1940, we are committed to providing services, products and information that remove barriers to communication, advance hearing health and promote equity for people who are culturally Deaf, oral deaf, deafened and hard of hearing.
PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
We are searching for a charismatic and dynamic leader who can bring our agency to new levels and expand our sphere of influence and recognition throughout Canada. The successful candidate will possess exemplary skills in the areas of organizational management and be capable of building stronger partnerships and relationships with government, donors, funders, and other service providers. As the CEO you will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operations of a multi-faceted, matrix styled, multi-level organization. You will be expected to unite consumers, staff and a volunteer Board of Directors behind a common vision and mission.
- High degree of passion and connection to CHS communities
- MBA or University degree with emphasis on management
- Minimum of five years experience at a senior management level
- Financial management experience with multi-million dollar budgets
- Knowledge of the non-profit and/or social services or health care sectors
- Experience with government, public relations, and fundraising
- Excellent communication skills and strong written English
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) or willingness to learn ASL and will meet the level of requirement of this position within two years.
- Experience in a unionized environment would be an asset
- Proficiency in French or Langues des Signes Quebecoise (LSQ) would be assets
If this position excites you, forward your resume by March 12th to:
Mary Lumgair at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.chs.ca