The Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) is looking for a qualified Education Assistant with
Deafblind Intervention Certification to work at Kanaka Creek Elementary school effective September
1, 2018. This position involves working with a student who has dual sensory loss (hearing and vision)
resulting in significant difficulties in orientation, mobility, and accessing environmental information.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 plus the Special Education Teaching Assistant program or equivalent plus successful experience working with individuals with special needs
- Successful completion of the Deafblind Intervenor Training Program through the Provincial Outreach Program for Students with Deafblindness
- Be adept at managing amplification equipment and have proficiency in ASL with the ability to adjust to the signing, educational and communication levels of the student
- Skills will be used regarding personal care and lifting
- Rate of pay: $27.97 per hour + 4% premium to the hourly wage
Please note that Kanaka Creek Elementary works on a Balanced Calendar
How to Apply:
In your application, please include your:
- Resume and Cover Letter (preferably in PDF format)
- All Supporting Documentation
For more information about our School District please visit:
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.