Did you know that Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) is now reviewing the framework of the Message Relay Services in Canada that focus on TTY and IP-Relay Services?
Three organizations: DWCC (Deaf Wireless Canada Committee), Canadian Association of the Deaf-Association des Sourds du Canada (CAD-ASC), and the Canadian National Society of the Deaf-Blind (CNSDB) created a survey to gather the input from Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of hearing Canadians to share with the CRTC to show more customers’ experiences and perspectives, either good or bad.
We need MORE responses to the survey! We encourage you to fill out the survey because CRTC would like to hear from you!
The survey links are:
1) Regular Survey with ASL translations: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ttyiprelay
2) For non-sign language Hard of hearing (no ASL videos): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hardofhearingttyiprelay
3) High contrast format for those who prefer this format when reading, with a black background and contrasting fonts: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/dbttyiprelay
4) For hearing people only, it has less videos and has two added separate questions for hearing people that the CRTC wanted to ask. These hearing people will have experienced a Deaf, DeafBlind or Hard of hearing person calling them using text-based relay services: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hearingttyiprelay
5) Document format for those who prefer adjusting font sizes, printing, and filling out and scanning for return via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Automatic download short URL: http://bit.ly/2qYApNe
6) Document link for downloadable PDF survey to PRINT on paper, fill out by pen, and then scan to return by e-mail: email@example.com – Short URL: http://bit.ly/2qiqEWU
We need your HELP to share the survey to your members, friends, family, or anyone that can fill it out the survey. Your input will provide a direction to the CRTC that will decide what to do about TTYs, TTY Relay, and IP Relay in Canada.
It only takes you about 10 minutes to finish the survey!
If you are not sure what to do with the survey, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for all survey responses is June 4th, 2017 and we will love to hear from your input!
CAD-ASC, DWCC et CNSDB