Position Type: Casual positions available, Some part-time opportunities
Location: Greater Vancouver Lower Mainland, British Columbia
Compensation: $18.06 per hour – as per Community Living Collective Agreement
Do you believe in equality and an inclusive community where all members have an opportunity to share their gifts?
Do you want to learn and grow while making a positive contribution to someone’s life?
Do you want to work in an environment that provides growth and opportunities to explore new paths?
posAbilities may be looking for you!
Key Responsibilities and Duties Include:
• Advocate for people’s desires and choices
• Promote independence and provide opportunities for people to learn and practice new skills, assisting individuals in developing and promoting their gifts, talents, qualities and abilities
• Know and practice each individual’s method of communication and encourage individuals to develop and expand their methods of communication
• Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing documentation of Personal Service Plans (PSPs)
• Support individuals with their personal care needs and assist in maintaining a standard which will ensure that they are seen positively by their friends, family and community
• Support persons served to develop and maintain fulfilling relationships with family, friends and neighbours
• Administer medication, arrange for travel, and maintain appropriate documentation and records
• Maintain positive working relationships with all professionals involved in the care of the individuals
Experience, Education and Attributes Required:
• A strong commitment to the philosophy of people with challenges living and working in the community
• A degree or certification in human services or a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and experience
• Experience in working with people who live with physical, mental or social barriers
• A commitment to ensuring that the Human Rights of our persons served are protected
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team setting, with an emphasis on leadership, self-initiative, patience, maturity and tact
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills
• Knowledge of the local community’s resources and services provided
• Current Community Care 1st Aid and CPR level B or C
• Mandt System training, Current TB test
• Medical Note from physician certifying ability to safely perform duties required
• Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults – clearance required January 2013
Additional Assets that we find valuable:
• Class four driver’s license
• American Sign Language (ASL) of any level
Who are We?
posAbilities assists persons with developmental disabilities to lead meaningful and healthy lives by partnering with the community to provide a comprehensive range of personcentered services for individuals and the families who care for them. Residential Care and Community Inclusion workers provide daily support to people with. developmental disabilities in their homes and in community inclusion programs. We have openings in our programs and residences in Vancouver, Burnaby, New West, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Richmond and Maple Ridge areas for both casual and part-time staff.
Interested parties please contact us with cover letter and resume and hours preferred via
careers@posAbilities.ca. Please note, while we would like to connect with everyone interested in this position, only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.